User Experience Design
Mobile Site or App
Best use of Technology for Industry Training
Best User of Technology for Formal Learning (K-12 or Post-Secondary)
Best Use of Technology for Informal Learning
Motion Graphics & Animation
Sound Design or Music
Advertising & Social Media
Display Ad or Campaign
Social Media Campaign
Non-Profit Project or Campaign
Use of Experimental & Innovative Media
Best of Show
The best work entered into categories 1-21 will be chosen by the Judges to win this award.
Educational leaders are encouraged to nominate a student (must be registered within the 2014/15 academic year) who has demonstrated passion, innovation and leadership within the school and digital community. Please submit 500 words as to why this student should be chosen, along with samples of work (if appropriate) and their contact information.
Cost of entering is as follows:
- $75 per entry (non-members)
- $60 per entry (members)
- Student entries are free (student members)
- Nominations are free
The Fine Print
- All entries must have been created by teams or individuals working in Alberta.
- Entries must have run between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016 and must not have been previously submitted in the Digital Alberta Awards.
- The decisions of the judging panel and Digital Alberta are final. Entries may be moved into other categories at the judges’ discretion if there are too few entries in the original category or if the entry better suits another category. Some categories may not be awarded.
- Entries are judged without revealing the company or individual submitting the piece of work is. Please ensure you do not identify yourself on the actual work.
- Case studies or videos to explain your entry are encouraged!
- Entries may be displayed by Digital Alberta, broadcasters, or in the media. By entering the Digital Alberta Awards show, the entrant agrees to obtain any permissions or clearances needed to display work for this purpose.
- The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. August 19, 2016.