Digital Media Association of Alberta – Notice of Annual General Meeting of Members
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the annual general meeting of the members (the “Meeting”) of the Digital Media Association of Alberta (“Digital Alberta”) will be held on April 21, 2021, by webcast, commencing at 5:00 PM Mountain Time for the following purposes:
- To receive and consider the audited financial statements of Digital Alberta for the year ended December 31, 2020 and the auditor’s report thereon.
- To receive and consider the reports of the Chairperson and Treasurer.
- To elect the board of directors of Digital Alberta for the ensuing term.
- To appoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditors for Digital Alberta’s ensuing fiscal year.
- To consider and, if thought advisable, to pass the following special resolution to adopt new bylaws replacing the existing bylaws of Digital Alberta:“NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED AS A SPECIAL RESOLUTION THAT:
- Digital Alberta is authorized to rescind, alter, or add to its bylaws pursuant to section 15 of the Societies Act (Alberta).
- The existing bylaws of Digital Alberta are repealed and replaced by the bylaws attached as Schedule “A” to this resolution (the “Bylaw Replacement”).
- Any officer or director of Digital Alberta be and is hereby authorized and directed for and on behalf of Digital Alberta to execute, deliver and file all such documents and to take all such other actions as may be necessary or desirable for the implementation of this special resolution and to give effect to the Bylaw Replacement.”
- To act on such other matters, including amendments to any of the foregoing, as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment or postponement therof.
Note with respect to Bylaw Amendment
If the special resolution approving the Bylaw Replacement is approved by the Members at the Meeting, Digital Alberta intends to file the replacement bylaws as soon as practicable thereafter. The replacement bylaws will take effect at the time that they are registered by the Registrar of Corporations for Alberta. The replacement bylaws and the existing bylaws are enclosed.
Only members who are in good standing for a period of thirty (30) days prior to the time of the Meeting will be entitled to vote.
Members are requested to date, sign, and return the accompanying form of proxy for use at the Meeting if they are not able to attend the Meeting personally. To be effective, forms of proxy must be received by Digital Alberta’s registered and records office no later than 24 hours before the time of the Meeting (i.e. by 5:00 PM Mountain Time on April 20, 2021) or any adjournment or postponement thereof at which the proxy is to be used. Proxies delivered by regular mail should be addressed to Digital Alberta, Attention: Scott Nye, c/o Suite 300 10190 104St NW T5J 1A5 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As community health and well being remain our top priorities during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Meeting will be held in a virtual only format conducted by live webcast. In order to attend the Meeting, Members are required to pre-register by completing the online registration form at the bottom of this page. Pre-registered Members will receive instructions on how to access the Meeting via email and we will also update this page with webcast details closer to the date.
DATED at Edmonton, Alberta, this 31st day of March, 2021.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
(signed) “Scott Nye” Director
AGM Member Registration Form
To support, connect and promote our digital community.
To make Alberta the best place to invest or grow a creative, interactive & digital technology company.
To support Alberta creative and digital technology companies through advocacy, collaboration, and connection.Become a member